[Lab] Discount for ArtEngine Members

Paul & Andrea Mumby themumbys at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:29:27 EDT 2011

Lol, yeah it's a pretty neat little re-purposed facility. Nice walking
through the double steel doors and stepping over the sealing strip made of
copper which finishes off the Faraday cage in the main server room once the
door is closed. The main server room is shielded, as is the building, and
all the shielding is tied into massive copper ground plates buried deep
under the building (there is like a square kilometer of ground plate at like
half an inch thick) lol...

Stuart (the owner) is a good guy, and easy to deal with. It's a small
business, and he commonly has "customer appreciation bbq" events and such in
the summer out at the facility. (normally includes free tours of the
Diefenbunker complex as well).

The Radome on the roof is pretty slick too, still has the original
NATO satellite uplink equipment in it, the thing is bloody huge (like a 30'
diameter dish, on motorized mount and all that) all sealed in a geodesic
dome.

Also one of the few datacenters in the area with a massive generator, and
which keeps like 30 days of fuel onsite at all times, meaning in the event
of a power outage they can keep operational for a month lol...

Fun stuff.

- Paul