[Gridflow-dev] trying to use the [#record] function in Gridflow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Sep 6 20:32:42 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Patrick Boivin wrote:

> Unfortunately .mov export doesn't work on OSX yet. I made an
> experimental OSX build of GridFlow 9.11 (svn) using libquicktime for
> linux, that will allow .mov export. However, camera input won't work
> with it.

IIRC, you can compile 9.11 with both Plaum's (or HW's) Quicktime and
Apple's Quicktime... I changed something in 9.11 so that you can do it. If
there is a priority problem for the file associations, you can fix that by
changing the order of the sections in the ./configure file. You can use
both modules at once regardless of file associations, but then you cannot
use [#record] as it is now, because you need to say «open quicktimehw $1»
to force using that file-writer.

And yes, what I said about «open quicktimeapple $1» (in the previous mail)
would only work if [#io.quicktimeapple] could write files at all.

But you don't need to use [#record], you can use [#out] directly and
that's what I use all of the time. [#record] is only a shortcut for
when you want to use [savepanel].