[Pdmtl] [PD] ANN: Purity dynamic patching for Python release 0.1.1

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:14:02 EDT 2009

nice! getting it to run under os x took some time, though.
the link on http://pypi.python.org/pypi/purity to the tar.gz package
seems broken,
I had to fink install twisted2-py25, and also change the pd command in
server.py and then the
purity-0.1.1-py2.5.egg/purity/data was missing the file dynamic_patch.pd.
will continue testing...
at the moment I am wondering, if there is a (better) way to work
around the ugly pd file format with all the connects at the end and
naming the objects...
I guess I am looking for something like:

for i in range(20000):
   obj1 = pdobj.osc~(i)
   obj2 = pdobj.throw~("bus-1")
   pdconnect(obj1 0, obj2 0)
obj1 = pdobj.receive~("bus-1")
obj2 = pdobj.dac~
pdconnect(obj1 0, obj2 0 1)

and then call this script from within pd itself, hehe...
marius.