[Pdmtl] ANN: Toonloop 1.1 released !

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Mon Dec 28 00:07:35 EST 2009

Hi everyone,
I have just released Toonloop version 1.1 for Debian/Ubuntu GNU/Linux
! Please try it out while it is fresh. The Debian packages for
Toonloop and Pygame (its dependency) can be found at
http://toonloop.com/?q=download

New in Toonloop 1.1 :
 * Added groups of options. One for each effect.
 * Unified interface to GLSL effects.
 * Added simplechroma, lumakey, leavecolor and brcosa effects.
 * Background image is one taken using a special key stroke.
 * Able to add or delete frames anywhere in a clip.
 * Playback direction : forward, backward, back&forth.
 * Display a progress bar when saving a clip.
 * Shift-Q to quit, and not ESC anymore.

Comments Welcome
There is a lot of new documentation for new users. See the How-To at
the http://toonloop.com/?q=how-to URL. Any hint on how to improve the
documentation is welcome. Make sure to try out the new effects by
typing the "N" key in Toonloop. There are a few new screenshots at the
http://toonloop.com/?q=screenshots URL.

I need to know if it crashed on some computers, maybe due to OpenGL or
GLSL errors. Also, let me know if some cameras or capture cards work
quite well with Toonloop : I will give them as advices in the Data
Sheet at the http://toonloop.com/?q=datasheet URL. Note that you can
fine tune the effects using a Pure Data patch, or command-line
options. Any suggestion for how to configure Toonloop or save its
projects state is welcome. That should be in the mailing list.
Finally, let me know if someone feels like trying out the Toonloop
audio sampler. I would love to port it to C++ or Supercollider with
the help of someone else, but it is right now in Purity, a Python
wrapper for Pure Data.

Mailing List
I have renamed the discussions at toonloop.com mailing list to
list at toonloop.com. I apologize for the inconvenients. I hope this list
will be used more and more in the next several months. Toonloop is
going to be used in many events in the next few months. Please
subscribe to the Toonloop mailing list if you are interested. See
http://toonloop.com/?q=support for the mailing list.

Cheers !
--
Alexandre Quessy