[Pdmtl] question for PD community

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Apr 16 11:43:03 EDT 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Andrew Brouse wrote:
>> How many people are on the PDMTL list?
> pdmtl is 147 people. In comparison, a few months ago, pd-list was 982 people
> and pd-dev was 302 people (back then, pdmtl was about 135 people).
> This is not proportional because large mailing-lists tend to be higher-volume
> and higher-volume lists tend to cause people to unsubscribe,

and pd-announce is the kind of list that people subscribe to instead of
pd-list when pd-list is too much. Pd-announce has 239 people on it. All
those figures exclude bouncing addresses: when you get the list of
subscribers for those lists, figures are significantly higher, and then I
remove all addresses that are written in italics because those are the
addresses that are obsolete. For pd-list that's 30% of addresses; for
pd-announce it's 65%; for pdmtl it's about 1% because i cleaned that
listing.