[Pdmtl] question for PD community

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Apr 16 11:34:15 EDT 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Andrew Brouse wrote:

> How many people are on the PDMTL list?

pdmtl is 147 people. In comparison, a few months ago, pd-list was 982
people and pd-dev was 302 people (back then, pdmtl was about 135 people).

This is not proportional because large mailing-lists tend to be
higher-volume and higher-volume lists tend to cause people to unsubscribe,
so number of subscribers to public mailing-lists grows less than
proportionally to the number of users of the software. Some lists (such as
pdmtl) tend to be low-volume even when there are many people on it, and
that's what might be keeping its subscriber count higher than it would
otherwise be.

> I have a question for the MTL and .CA PD communities: can anyone give me
> an estimate of the number of users/developers in Montreal and Canada?

How is one supposed to be able to estimate this? With what amount of
certainty?