[Pdmtl] Gem: firewire OSX problems

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Wed Mar 22 18:53:08 EST 2006

Hi !

I am using a firewire mini-DV camera with Gem on Hans' Pd-extended
0.39-2 on Mac OS X Tiger. This camera is usually 720x480 pixels. There
are 2 problems I am facing right now :

1) [pix_video] is having a hard time trying to connect with the camera.
I get the silent green screen. Are there options I should check out ? Is
Pd-Extended-0.38-4's Gem more stable on Tiger ?

2) I am trying to apply a [pix_mask] to this video stream from QuickTime
loops. I always get an error telling me that there is a size mismatch.
They are all 720x480 quicktime files of about 50 Mb max. Maybe another
codec would work better ? Motion jpeg ? (as read on the pd-list) AVI ?
MPEG4 ?

Thanks ! (this is kind of 48 hours before the show...)

aalex