[Lab] Playstation VR Demo at Rideau Centre

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:09:47 EDT 2016

   It's apparently VR week. ;)

   Just a head's up that there's a Playstation VR demo going on at the
Rideau Centre by the food court - they'll be there all week.
   I don't know much about the system, but I suspect from the way they set
up the demo that it's just tracking orientation and *not* the position of
your head. Guests who were trying out the games were all seated, as they
would be on a couch at home.
   I think this makes sense - I could see a situation where in an intense
game one might run face-first into a wall or pitch themselves over sideways.

   I wonder if the Playstation VR shares any lineage with the HMZ-TV
headset they've been selling in very low numbers since the early 2000s.

   -Jason Cobill