[Lab] question for a 3d printing software....

Stephen Burke steve at envirolaser.com
Wed Sep 23 12:08:36 EDT 2015

Easiest and least costly, in my opinion, SketchUp.

The basic free version works well.

To do the conversion from DAE format to OBJ or STL, download MeshLab – it is also free.

To make corrections to the design, get netfabb Basic – also free.

Autodesk’s http://www.123dapp.com/Gallery/design design program also works well; it is by the same folks that make AutoCAD.

Stephen Burke
Account Executive
Envirolaser Ltd.
Authorized dealer for 3D Systems, Cubify, MakerBot, ROBO, Artec 3D, David Vision Systems, netfabb and Proto-pasta

613-619-1013 cell
613-225-4726 office