[Lab] Cutting MDF on a laser cutter

Stephen Burke steve at envirolaser.com
Tue Nov 3 16:27:20 EST 2015

Hi Joseph,

If you are trying to make a single-pass cut, you can use the following very general and arbitrary guide of material thickness (MDF) for Epilog lasers:

3 – 4 mm = 30 Watt
4 – 7 mm = 45 Watt
7 – 9 mm = 50 Watt
9 – 12 mm = 60 Watt

Assumes full power, a clean & properly focused lens, and a speed that doesn’t overly burn the material.

Good luck!

Stephen Burke
Account Executive
Envirolaser Ltd.