[Lab] Firepit Project / Metal CNC?

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:20:54 EDT 2015

   The spinning visual effect is called a Zoetrope!
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoetrope

   Traditionally, they're made by cutting slits evenly along a rectangular
metal band, and then wrapping the band into a cylindrical shape.
   Cutting the slits on an already-formed cylinder (like a washing drum) is
going to take some effort, because you'll have to build some kind of rig
for holding your barrel in place while it's being cut. (plus it's pretty
large and most water-jet machines work flat)
   Could you cut a band of slits and wrap it around the tub? You'd need to
be able to cut the washing drum and weld the band to it.

   There's a place called HydroTech Cutting down on the south end of
Merivale - you could give them a call and see if they can cut a drum?

   -Jason Cobill