[Lab] hardwood inlay finish.

Michael Ayukawa mike.ayukawa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:11:34 EDT 2014

Something that my boat builder friend let me try was some penetrating epoxy.  Very thin and penetrates well to create a more structural film.
I was refinishing an older but well crafted kayak paddle.  I was concerned about failures in the laminations.
An option to be aware of when a more viscous epoxy would create too much build or not penetrate.
BTW, epoxy needs good UV protection.  Marine Spar varnish does this well.  As would any exterior full pigment paint.