[Lab] hardwood inlay

Darcy Whyte darcy at inventorArtist.com
Tue Oct 21 12:35:08 EDT 2014

The answer to this question came forward. I went with Boiled Linseed oil.

Here's why...

1) Of all the suggestions, teak oil, danish oil and so forth it's the
one that shows the grain the most.
2) I think linseed less about protection and more about the look (this
is indoor).
3) It's the least expensive. Most were 18 bucks this was like 12 bucks.
4) It has no bad smell to speak of.
5) It is really easy to use. After sanding you just put it on with a rag.
6) It comes in a bottle rather than a can (like a quart of automotive
oil). Smaller shelf footprint but it doesn't stack with my other cans of
goop.

The project worked great http://inventorartist.com/time-rooster/.

I have a few other inlay projects on the go now (plus a commission to
make a custom clock face which I've not posted as it's still in the
envisioning stage).

I think a clock is a great diy project since they can be gifts. A clock
is sorta useful plus can be a unique gift...

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Darcy Whyte<darcy at inventorartist.com