[Lab] M70 tonight

Remco Volmer programming at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 16 11:33:19 EDT 2014

Darcy: you and Dave claim to have no agency in the way Artengine conducts
its activities. This is simply not true. Those who attended the AGM last
night engaged in a positive and constructive debate about the new
non-profit act and the new bylaws, and the consequences for membership.
Their input had a direct effect on the final document that's submitted to
Industry Canada. From the meeting it also became clear that there are more
issues to explore further, and we will be soliciting direct feedback from
the whole Artengine community, both membership and lablist. The AGM is a
prime platform to get involved and raise issues that you care about,
and you opted not to.

Furthermore, the board is obligated to call a meeting on any topic at any
time upon request by 5% of the membership, which amounts to 4 people. So if
there is any issue that you and 3 other members feel strongly about, you
can call a membership meeting. Finally, like Andrew says, both Ryan and
myself are very responsive to issues raised directly with us, as you know
from experience. So please don't make it sound as if there is no way to
have a say in the affairs of the organization. If you genuinely want to
participate in the process, by all means use the tools of engagement that
are open to you.

Remco Volmer
Managing Director

--