[Lab] arduino format

Adrian Jones adrian at woodsgood.ca
Sun Nov 2 12:12:21 EST 2014

>From my experience and what I've read, all versions of the Arduino UNO
board, for instance, have uniform positions for the two rows of connectors
so that they work consistently with shields.
However, other things, such as the reset button, LEDs, power and USB port
connectors all seem to move around; including the four mounting holes.
How about using friction-fit PCB standoffs (cheap and plentiful) and glue
the other end to your backing substrate?
How about pieces of double-side 'cushion" tape (about 1/8" thick) ?

Many thanks,

.... Adrian