[Lab] MaKeyMaKey

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Mon Jun 17 21:28:45 EDT 2013

Hey folks,

I've bought a MaKeyMaKey after watching:
	http://www.ted.com/talks/jay_silver_hack_a_banana_make_a_keyboard.html

It's quite fun to be able to make a banana musical keyboard.

I've got it almost rigged on my steps, but haven't made musical stars yet.

I don't know if you'd be able to hook up two, since as far as I've been able to tell there are only 6 controls per device and they are for set keys.

Arrow keys, click & space. I don't think you can combine them, but could well be wrong about that.

Another potential issue is that the examples are all tied to flash.  I'd really prefer if they were tied to HTML5/JS controls that would be more programable.  That could be just the examples that were provided.  They seem to affect a text editor too.

Certainly think there's application though to do more with it.

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, President, OpenConcept Consulting Inc.
Drupal 8 Core Accessibility Maintainer -> http://drupal.org/user/27930

Open source web development for social change – http://openconcept.ca