[Lab] Hello

Bennett Kanuka bkanuka at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:29:31 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself.  I graduated from Queen's University in Math
and Physics last May and have since moved to Ottawa (Westboro area).  I
don't have a formal education in electronics, but in university I had
access to a lab with soldering irons, wire, resistors etc.  I would spend
some of my free time there.  Everything I know about electronics I've
learned on my own, so I'm a beginner, but not completely incompetent :)

In order to dive into hardware hacking, I bought myself this:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_IR_Toy_v2 and would like to add
more infrared LED's to it.  Since I have all the hardware schematics, and
it has a breakout area, it shouldn't be *too* difficult, but I certainly
will need a bit of help and access to some equipment.

So, I'm interested in joining the hackerspace, learning, nerding out etc.
Unfortunately I saw I missed the last Wednesday meeting.  Is there a time I
can come by for an introduction to the lab?

-Bennett Kanuka