[Lab] Mini Maker Fair Kids Table

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Fri Oct 12 14:04:22 EDT 2012

I'll try to head directly to Shopify for 9-ish so I can get my own stuff unpacked and ready, then I can help others as needed from that side.

Britta, is there a freight elevator up to the space we're in at Shopify?  I'll bring along my "forearm forklift" straps just in case there isn't; I don't need them for my stuff but they'll certainly help if the laser has to be carried up the stairs.

Andrew.

On 2012-10-12, at 1:51 PM, Mark Stephenson wrote:

> Hi Kirk thats great news. I do need help tomorrow morning to move the laser and associated gear. I was thinking that meeting at the lab for 9:30 would be good. Anyone else willing to help me move the laser tomorrow morning? ideally need 4 people as it's fairly heavy.
>
> Mark
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Kirk Sutherland <kirk.sutherland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can confirm that I can work at the kids table all day Saturday
> except between 1:30 and 2:30 (when I need to pick up my wife from the
> airport). I can also say that I can't be there Sunday morning before
> noon, but might have time later in the day. Is there anyone else who
> can help with Sunday?
>
> Mark - do you need help moving stuff tomorrow morning? Just let me
> know where to be!
>
> Cheers,
> Kirk
>
> On 10/7/12, Kirk Sutherland <kirk.sutherland at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As soon as I find a baby sitter I can confirm that I can be there all
> > day Saturday, Sunday I might only be able to do a half day.
> >
> > I have sourced the batteries and LEDs at $0.55 per child not including
> > tax or shipping, so for 200 of kids thats at least $110.
> >
> > Questions:
> > 1. Does Art Engine have any $ to put towards the cause? I would like
> > to cover just a 1/4 of the cost if possible :)
> > 2. I came up with a funky sticker shape that could be used to cover
> > the battery (to avoid shorting it) with holes for the led legs and
> > arms to hold the LEDs. It would be awesome if we could cut this shape
> > out 200 times on the laser but I know we have to avoid vinyl. Is there
> > some paper sheet material that is essentially a giant sticker that
> > could be used to cut a bunch of them from?
> >
> > Oh and the LEDs are 10mm in Warm White, Cool White, Red, Green, Blue,
> > Yellow. - Big and bright!
> >
> > Kirk
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM, Britta Evans-Fenton
> > <technical at artengine.ca> wrote:
> >> This sounds great guys.  So just to confirm, Kirk, you would like to help
> >> out with this table?  I want to make sure that Mark isn't by himself most
> >> of
> >> the time.
> >>
> >> Also count on at least 100 kids a day I would think.  I expect there to
> >> be
> >> at least 500-600 people the 2 days.  So I'm thinking 200 kids would make
> >> sense in that count.
> >>
> >> Britta

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/