[Lab] Mini Maker Fair Kids Table

Kirk Sutherland kirk.sutherland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:08:15 EDT 2012

Hi Mark,
Cool idea! When I read this the first thing that poped into my head
was getting something 'flashy' on their necklaces. A simple blinking
LED circuit could be made for $1-2 bucks, but we could also do a
static LED circuit with just an LED and button battery. I figure you
could probably make those for about $.50 a peice (I will confirm this
tonight). The kids could pick their own colour, connect up the battery
with tape and then push the led through a hole in the necklace keeping
the battery on the back (the holes could be cut on the laser cutter in
a position that the child would like?). I would love to run this table
and could donate materials (depending on how many kids you expect
perhaps there is $20 or so that could be used for this?).

Cheers!
Kirk