[Lab] Java Problem...

Toby Murray murray.toby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:25:40 EST 2012

I think it may be similar to the problem I ran into with the Arduino. In
the Arduino's case, it seem like it was just poor software, and I
downgraded to a working version of the serial communicator. What I found
was that you have to manually reset the COM port, although that may not
solve all of your problems. I'd take a look at the forums, see if it's a
common software bug. Mine ended up only working with the downgraded
software.

I googled resetting COM ports, this is the first one that came up. It's
just here so you know what I mean, I didn't follow it's procedure or
anything, so no guarantee on results.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/richardwu/archive/2011/12/31/how-to-clear-or-reset-com-port.aspx