[Lab] Maker Bot Extrusion Issue

Ryan Stec ryanstec at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 19 16:08:02 EST 2011

Hey Folks,

Am here in the Artengine lab working on the Cupcake CNC but am having
trouble with my printing process. I seem to get too much plastic coming out
at the start and have to stop as it starts building a little puddle of
plastic.

It seems like the nozzle is moving too slow or the extrusion too fast.

I am running the build from the SD Card.

Looking through the MakerBot Site I can find lots of info about not getting
enough filament, but nothing about too much.

Do I have to figure out what the right feed rate is? Is the 220 degree C
temp too hot?

--

Ryan Stec
Artistic Director