[Lab] Arduino Eithernet shield help

Will Harding harding.will at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:48:27 EST 2011

Hi Andrew,

My guess would be that because your server error is returning "(none)"
before the path that you requested, you may have your server setup to
only respond to certain host names. Try adding the "Host" header to
the request:

  client.println("GET /ctrm/bf_last_tweet.txt HTTP/1.0");
  client.println("Host: andrews-server.com");
  client.println();

Another option would be to put the fully qualified URL into the get line:

  client.println("GET http://andrews-server.com/ctrm/bf_last_tweet.txt
HTTP/1.0");
  client.println();

but it would go with the Host header, since its mandatory in HTTP/1.1+
anyway. Let me know if that works, or at least gets you a different
error that might be more helpful.

--wnh

PS. If it keeps up you can always fire me some server logs and I can
have a look.