[Lab] Arduino Eithernet shield help

Andrew O'Malley aomalley at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:46:19 EST 2011

Hi gang,

Was wondering if anyone out there has any experience w/ the Arduino
Eithernet shield?  This is my first time using it, and I'm not having
any luck w/ GET requests.

I'm adapting the WebClient sketch from the Arduino (0021) examples,
and I am able to connect to my server via port 80, but I cannot
succeed in my GET request.

These are the two lines which I think are giving me problems:

   client.println("GET /ctrm/bf_last_tweet.txt HTTP/1.0");
   client.println();

The response from my server is this:

<h1>404 Not Found</h1>
   (none)/ctrm/bf_last_tweet.txt (port 80)

So I'm wondering if I'm screwing something up w/ slashes, hard
returns, etc., or maybe I should use a different port altogether? I've
verified that the file/path is correct, and tried w/ other pages but
just can't get any GET requests to return anything.  It does not work
w/ the default example to Google, either.

Cheers,
ao.