[Lab] I want an extruder

Paul (Maker Engineering) paul at makerengineering.com
Thu Feb 10 16:15:08 EST 2011

Yes, the Wades design is built for a NEMA17.

It has a 3mm channel for the filament, it could likely drive finer filament
(1.75mm filament) in which case the hot end is the main part that needs to
be tuned for filament diameter.

Although the added slop in the filament channel on the wades could cause a
few problems (which could be solved with tweaking, but you should be aware
regardless)
- Extra slop could cause additional spring in the filament (causing lag
during start/stop of extrusion)
- Pinch wheel will require a bit more force, and hob on the bolt would need
to be done to account for thinner filament.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

- Paul