[Lab] Wikihouse Project

John Nicol john_nicol at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:48:07 EDT 2011

Such a cool concept.  It takes 11 sheets of ¾” plywood to construct a 600mm
section from what I am seeing on the site, that would add up to ~$250 per
section.  I was thinking it would be cool to build a workshop from this... a
20 x 10 building (I am only guestimating that it is a 10’ interior floor
width from the pictures on the site) would be ~$2,500 in plywood for the
trusses plus maybe another 10 sheets for the end walls and miscellaneous.
Then maybe another $3,500 (?) for the finishing, roofing etc.  A 20 x 10
workshop for ~$6,000 is pretty good.  I built an 8’ x 8’ shed using recycled
shipping crates and it still cost me ~$500 to finish.

Now to buy a 4’ x 8’ CNC machine.... just need a 20 x 10 workshop to put it
in......