[Lab] Depth Perception

aaron at ottawarobotics.org aaron at ottawarobotics.org
Mon Aug 22 14:38:42 EDT 2011

I think that tying the position of the cameras to your head
movement would cause vertigo or something similar, due to the camera
rotation not matching what your head motion is doing.... what would be
better is some way to track your eye movement and position the cameras
that way. That way the camera motion would resemble what your eyes are
trying to do.

Aaron

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:35:28 -0400, Darcy Whyte
wrote:

> Why not use a matrix of Web cams? By the time you figure out
all the stuff like how to point the cameras with servos to keep them
aligned you may as well have a few of them. :)
> You could put an
accelerometer on your head so you an look around.

> But unless the
objects are vary far you'll want to work out how much to tow them in
(when you look far and close your eyes cross inwards when seeing close).

> That's the only thing that isn't really obvious. How to decide where
the two cameras cross over.
> I guess you could move your head forward
and back and the accelerometer could control that?

2011 at 1:28 PM, Michael Coyle wrote:

>> Did anyone see today's xkcd?

>> http://xkcd.com/941/ [1]
>> I need to try this!