[Lab] arduino D0 and D1

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Sun Aug 7 11:57:15 EDT 2011

My Arduino was working and then it stopped working (Uno). What happened was
it stopped uploaded. The upload would start, the lights would flash but it
would not finish.

I was frustrated because I hadn’t changed anything.

I then decided to try to stop using pins D0-D3. Instead I used D2-D5.

This hunch came when I noticed D0 and D1 are labeled as Send and Receive.

I’m happy it started working again but I’m puzzled why it worked
inconsistently. Also if pin D0 and D1 are inconsistent, does that mean we
shouldn’t use them?