[Lab] laser power supply and CNC control

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Fri Oct 1 13:40:11 EDT 2010

Does a power supply with the following description easy to connect to CNC
software and controller?

It says PWM TTL so I think that's what I need to run from EMC2 linux and
parallel port.

   - Input voltage: AC 220V+30 or AC 110V+20 (to be specified when placing
   order).
   - Maximum output voltage:DC25KV (40W;50W) / DC28KV (60W) / DC35KV (80W)
   - Maximum output current: DC20mA (40W;50W)/ DC23mA (60W) / DC28mA (80W)
   - Isolation Withstand voltage: Input-output, input-enclosure:
   AC2000V-10mA-60s; negative pole of output connected to enclosure.
   - Protection: with well-grounded enclosure, output circuit of power
   supply can be open for short time (but arc between positive pole and
   enclosure should be avoided).
   - Response time (from time of input being available to the output current
   being up to nominal value): ≤1ms.
   - TTL voltage level control: effective voltage level can be high or low
   through setting.
   - Protection switch: for detection of cooling water, to protect laser
   device; or activate with enclosure is opened.
   - Laser power adjustment: (1) by adjusting the output current of power
   supply through resistor; (2) through PWM control (magnitude being TTL
   voltage level).
   - Environmental requirements: temperature (-10~ 40℃), relative humidity
   ≤85%.