[Lab] cameras for time laps and motion detection

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Fri Dec 24 16:34:59 EST 2010

I've been wanting to try this and I happen to need another digital camera. I
figure this is a great chance to try out CHKD which is an open source
project that gives ordinary Canon Powershot cameras the ability to do things
such as motion detection, time lapse and many other advanced features.
The challenge: Which Canon camera to get?

There is a list of the cameras that support
CHDK<http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#Q._What_camera_models_are_supported_by_the_CHDK_program.3F>
.

There are a lot of cameras available from Canon. What I've been doing is
when I see a model then I go to the list to see if it's supported. If it's
supported then I will look further at the model of camera.

But most of the time the camera isn't supported so I'd like to work
backwards. I'd like to know which of the cameras work really well with CHKD.
Then I can go looking for that camera.

Is there anybody out there who knows their line of cameras?