[Lab] More fun GCSurplus

Tom Burns tom.i.burns at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:04:42 EST 2010

Oh crap!

Thanks for the heads up Darcy.

Actually from what I read the controller can accept commands over RS232 so
it'd be relatively easy to work with it from a current computer and a
USB->Serial adapter (just be sure it's outputting 12v).  If the baud rate is
REAL slow however you may need to track down a computer with a built in
serial port as really slow RS-232 connections don't always work with the
cheap USB adapters.  I learnt that at Maker Faire from the guys who had the
teletype hooked up to twitter.

There's examples online exporting from EAGLE to commands it can understand.

I had a bid based on the thing working, which I'm now retracting.  If I were
you I'd leave the electronics as-is and do the electromechanical parts
first.  Good luck.

Tom