[Lab] More fun GCSurplus

Darcy Whyte darcy at siteware.com
Wed Dec 1 14:56:11 EST 2010

I looked at the engraving machine in person. It's not in working condition
like they claim.

Spindle motor does not run, spindle motor belt is rotted. Controller boots
up but it's nearly *24 years old* so it clearly wont run from any current
computer or software.

I paced a bid intending on rebuilding it with current electrical and
electronics.

It's only a 20cm x 14cm x 1cm work area but I thought it would be a good
learning project.
http://mambohead.com/2010/12/convert-engraver-to-mill/

I didn't notice the plotter while I was in the warehouse. It's rather large.

There is a cool Lamborghini there. Apparently its 2 years shy of being an
antique.