[Gridflow-dev] new [#camera] in GridFlow 9.9

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sat Apr 10 13:45:22 EDT 2010

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
[snip]
> "api libv4l1" opens [#io.videodev] with Hans de Goede's libv4l.
> Apparently, this introduces v4l2 support to GridFlow, as well as pretend
> that the camera driver supports RGB (autoconvert), etc.

Works for me on an HP laptop with built in webcam :)
The default v4l1 didn't work, but libv4l1 does, with:

claude at zebimus:~$ dmesg | grep -i uvc
[   14.878523] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device HP Webcam (064e:a102)

[snip]
> those who use svn, could you please test this soon, so that we can have
> a release with this... thanks.

I think #camera-help.pd could do without the [#scale_by] (as 640x480 * 2
= 1280x960 which is big!), also it took a few tries to realize that
inside [#camera] I have to select API first, then device, then
resolution - easy when you know how.

Thanks!

Claude
--