[Gridflow-dev] [PD] Gridflow Installation Help

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 31 07:01:57 EST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

>> [gf] #<LoadError: No such file to load -- rblti>
> snip
>> [gf] LTI support not found (#<LoadError: No such file to load -- rblti>)

Right, there are too many lines there just to say that you don't have LTI
support.

Also some people may have noticed that error messages span more lines in
GridFlow 0.8.4 than in the last years. That's because I changed a setting
for their length, from 2 to 4, in bridge/puredata.c, and forgot to change
it back after I stopped needing it; generally I think it's not possible to
figure out a perfect value for this setting or to write code that figures
out it dynamically.

> I haven't tried LTI yet, I haven't seen a compelling statement why I
> should use it (I'd use it in a flash if it enabled me to compute
> histograms within GridFlow, as using ppmhist in a separate process is
> rather slow...).

There's [lti.ChromaticityHistogram], but you might be looking for LTI's
thistogram<T>, in which the leading t is their naming convention for
"template". But template classes are not automatically supported in rblti
& GridFlow, so this would need a little tweaking of some files in
optional/rblti/swig/* and optional/lti*.rb ... I'd suppose only a handful
of lines.