[Gridflow-dev] osx loading prob

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Mar 26 17:50:43 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, james tittle wrote:
> ...I guess it's obvious that the following code bit is where the
> failure is:

Yeah, but how obvious is the reason why it happens?... That's why I now
make it print the path at startup.

> ...since I'm getting "[LoadError]...", I'm guessing that the linked ruby
> 1.9 just can't find gridflow.so, even though it's in the same directory?
> I don't know if this can be fixed by changing ruby, or maybe doing
> "begin require './gridflow'..."?

By default, there's a "." in the path, but it's not active if your current
dir isn't the one where gridflow.so sits. Because of that,
gridflow.pd_darwin (and .pd_linux) figures out where it was found by pd,
using open_via_path(), and then prepends a few things in Ruby's path.

But hey, Ruby might actually be looking for a .dylib or a .bundle ! what
if you rename gridflow.so ?