[Gridflow-dev] Mac OS X Tiger - Problems

ns.artengine.ca@cefn.com ns.artengine.ca at cefn.com
Sat Oct 22 07:22:39 EDT 2005

Appreciate you getting back to me. I assumed the build had failed I'm
afraid, and didn't try testing further.

Still a newbie to PD, but got some stuff going in the end on my Tiger
build.

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html had pre-packaged Mac OS X
binaries which bundle some externals, including GEM and PDP. Used
Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC2.dmg from this page.

The interactive art project I'm trying to execute is documented at
http://cefn.com/curiosity/?pagename=handcar , and requires real time
control of a video feed based on a webcam feed. GEM seems to be up to
accessing and manipulating the video data OK, though some of the
image processing primitives from other tools like Gridflow seem
useful to detect the motion of the participants.

I'll have another go at Gridflow and see if I can load Webcams/Video
files and manipulate them with Gridflow instead.

Cefn
http://cefn.com/curiosity/?pagename=exhibits