[Gridflow-dev] work on documentation

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 1 22:08:14 EST 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> About the file structure for the help files and icons, we might as
> well implement the most logical way now that all this process if
> fresh.  I don't mind doing the redundant work.
> Just so I am clear, where should the icons go in the new scheme?

It would look like:

  doc/flow_objects/#for-help.pd
  doc/flow_objects/#for-help.png
  doc/flow_objects/#for-icon.png

whereas the old location is:

  doc/images/flow_objects/#for.png

I just made a bit of UNIX magic and I think it could help all committers
to be aware of a few shortcuts. Just to give an idea, the UNIX command
prompt is about 10 times more flexible than Microsoft's COMMAND.COM or
even the newer CMD.EXE.

The only problem with shortcuts, is that if you f*ck up with a shortcut
the mistakes are BIGGER. Fortunately, on average the fix to a mistake with
a shortcut, is itself another shortcut :-)

I removed all help_*.png files (jMax help screenshots) :

  STUFF=`echo help_*.png`
  rm $STUFF
  cvs remove $STUFF
  cvs commit $STUFF

I similarly removed other bunches of old files. (If we need to look at
them, it's easy, just download gridflow-0.7.7.tar.gz and decompress)

HOWEVER, be careful with names containing stars and such... argh...

I decided to rename inv*.png to inv_mul-icon.png instead of
inv\*-icon.png, to avoid gotchas and future blunders...