[Lab] QR / Registration / ??? Concept
jamie at steppinofftheedge.com
Wed Jan 29 12:07:20 EST 2014
I'm working on web site component of a conference with Carleton U and the
organizer mentioned a desire to improve the registration check-in process.
Thought maybe someone on this list might have seen a solid solution or have
an idea on creating one?
- Most conferences default to having pre-printed schedules, name badges
and materials available through a volunteer base co-ordinating people into
lines based on last name to get their materials.
- Some use QR code or kiosk to input email and on-demand print of same
name badges, materials, etc.
- They would like to find a balance between the two which have the pros
of each and none of the cons - no lines, small need for volunteer army to
checkin but not at-risk of printer malfunction or network issue from
My brain went to grocery store self-checkout change return system concept.
Some kind of setup that allows:
- pre-printed materials placed into envelopes that are numbered and/or
- When person arrives they provide email or QR code
- The system drops their envelope out for pickup.
- If network goes down, volunteers only need to check name to # to
numerically find an envelope.
No idea of budget - but I'd be happy to connect the dots for anyone
interested in pursuing.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lab