[Pdmtl] Analyse audio en C?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon May 18 19:47:54 EDT 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> messages in Pd use callbacks, which seem to be slow.

Do you ever use Python? It's not any different.

> Well, I first, pd uses tk, which can be avoided using pd -nogui.
> Still, it is an extra software dependency.

So, what's wrong with depending on software? And do you actually need to
remove dependencies so badly, that you'd use that as a real reason (in
combination with other real reasons) for switching to a different
language? Well, I think anyone who'd care enough about extra dependencies
can just delete any files they don't want, that's all.

> Also, these days, I am more interesting in creating stable distributable
> software, not one-time artist hacks.

Are you saying that programs made using puredata are unstable and not
distributable? That would be a quite bold claim.

> Pd is nice for prototypes, but I would wrap it in a software that i
> distribute.

What does that mean? I have no idea.