[Pdmtl] [PD] ANN: Purity 0.2.4 debian package // was Re: ANN: Purity dynamic patching for Python release 0.1.1

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Sat Dec 5 12:42:16 EST 2009

Hello again everyone,
I thought it would be nice if I would provide a way to actually "try"
purity once the Debian package is installed.

1) Start jackd. (using qjackctl, for example)
2) Open a terminal
3) Type one of these two commands :

  python /usr/share/pyshared/purity/examples/random_notes.py
  python /usr/share/pyshared/purity/examples/hello_metro.py

Cheers !
alex

2009/12/5 Alexandre Quessy <listes at sourcelibre.com>:
> Hello,
> Can anyone try the latest Purity Debian package I have done ?
> It works on Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) and up and should work on Debian.
> http://bitbucket.org/aalex/purity/downloads/python-purity_0.2.4_all.deb
>
> Thomas : Yes, I guess I should check out py/pyext to make this syntax
> similar to the one in pyext. Note that Purity wraps PD, as opposed to
> being an external within PD.
> Cheers !

> 2009/10/21 Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org>:
>>> I guess I am looking for something like:
>>>
>>> for i in range(20000):
>>>   obj1 = pdobj.osc~(i)
>>>   obj2 = pdobj.throw~("bus-1")
>>>   pdconnect(obj1 0, obj2 0)
>>> obj1 = pdobj.receive~("bus-1")
>>> obj2 = pdobj.dac~
>>> pdconnect(obj1 0, obj2 0 1)
>>>
>>> and then call this script from within pd itself, hehe...
>>
>> If you remember the pd convention in Graz, that was exactly what my
>> talk was about - the dyn api that i introduced - also available as a
>> module for py/pyext. It's still there, in the svn - as soon as my
>> server is back up again.
>> gr~~~
>>

> --
> Alexandre Quessy