[Pdmtl] [PD] jpeg patchworks with Gem ?

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Thu Dec 29 06:06:59 EST 2005

bonjour alex,

very quick answer, you might want to try a combination of
- pix_alpha and of course pix_image to display blended images. you will
then create an abstraction that holds all what you need for one image
(with 'receive' objects as arguments).
- dyn~ for creation of a variable number of pictures in your patchwork.
- pyext for the creation and configuration (position, size, etc.) of
each piece (via ._send method) - here you will have to go for something
completely different but it's easy.

if you are interested by this combination of objects, i could send you
some patchs i have bee using.

i noticed some difficulties to display some types of images (heavy
images or images with low or high w/h ratio), moreover i had some pbs
with their "initialization" (images are not drawn completely at first) -
desactivating/reactivating the gem window solved this pb.

a last point, if you want to make animations of still images, you should
defintely turn to pix_multiimage.

greetings,
vincent