[Pdmtl] Compiling Pd linux ... // Was Re: [Video] pixelTANGO et les versions de Pd

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 22 08:23:58 EDT 2005

Alexandre Quessy <listes at sourcelibre.com> writes:

> I guess it means I need to have the tcl.h file somewhere in my
> filesystem, probably in /usr/include or something. I searched : I find
> no such file anywhere. It's on Debian Sarge.

as root:

apt-get install tk8.4-dev tcl8.4-dev

Also, you can do:

apt-get install synaptic

which is an ok GUI frontend to apt.

BTW, on debian you can also do the following:

apt-get install puredata gem pd-externals pd-zexy

and you will have a reasonably thorough PD.  PD depends on libjack so
the installer may want to install a few other things.

What the installer will not do, however, is mess with your .pdrc so
you will have to tell pd where to look for the libs (it all gets
installed in /usr/lib/pd/extra)

YMMV.
HTH.

./MiS