[Lab] Time Magazine Special Edition: The Drone Age

Jason Cobill jason.cobill at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:39:11 EDT 2018

   Reply from Jonathan Edwards:

Planes and helicopters both require elements other than strictly the
propulsion system to control their direction. With quadcopters, the
propulsion system and steering system are one in the same. No flaps,
nothing to have to tilt, simply vary how quickly each of the four
propellers is spinning.

That simplicity, coupled with the fact that they are incredibly agile yet
stable flying machines are why I think they took off.

Jon