[Lab] design of a box

Darcy Whyte darcy at inventorartist.com
Fri Mar 3 04:58:42 EST 2017

This clock project (http://inventorartist.com/record-clock/) is going
strong and I'm looking at some packaging for retail.

The obvious first stop is Prichards Packaging but I'm wondering if there's
anybody out there who has any leads or ideas on packaging design including
printing, cutting, assembly.

I think some kind-a windowed cake box with some folding fixture to hold the
clock would work.

The initial volume might be a bit beyond what my regular upcycle box making
can handle (http://inventorartist.com/box-making/).

Consistency in the look is a requirement too.

It might be possible to use just some fancy printing that gets glued on the
box and perhaps a drag cutter if I can find a reliable source of consistent
cardboard...

Anybody ever do packaging design?

--
Darcy Whyte

Art+ inventorArtist.com <http://inventorartist.com/> | Aviation
rubber-power.com
Contact: darcy at inventorArtist.com | 613-563-3634 by appointment (no text)