[Lab] HP & David 3D - 3D Scanning Systems

Stephen Burke steve at envirolaser.com
Fri Sep 30 11:34:24 EDT 2016

Good morning,

I think I have previously posted that Envirolaser offers 3D scanning
systems and software from Artec 3D, David 3D and 3D Systems.

Well, HP has acquired David 3D and the takeover process is almost complete.

As the only certified David 3D dealer in Canada we have been made aware
of some changes.

Here's one of the changes that I am allowed to share:

The David 3D Starter-Kit
http://www.david-3d.com/en/products/starter-kit-2 will be discontinued
as of 31 October 2016.

This is an entry level, laser based 3D scanning system that includes the
David 4 Pro software.  The David 4 Pro software also forms the basis of
David 3D's structured light scanning systems.
By adding a projector (I've seen them for $350), a mounting rail and
some other hardware (likely under $250) one could build a SLS system.

Unfortunately, it appears that HP doesn't want to offer this low entry
cost 3D scanning option.

If anyone wants to order a Starter-Kit, please contact me prior to
Wednesday, October 26th.

David 3D will continue to offer their SLS-2, SLS-3 and SLS-3 Stereo 3D
scanning systems in addition to their David Enterprise/SDK, David 4 Pro
and David 5 Pro software.

--
Stephen Burke
Account Executive