[Lab] Experience with HDMI to LVDS

Jason Arnold arnold.jason at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:18:52 EDT 2016

There are readymade solutions out there
<https://www.google.ca/search?q=lvds+to+hdmi&biw=1120&bih=565&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijo4u85ZvPAhUJHT4KHfLZAuIQ_AUIBygA&dpr=1.71>
if your display happens to be running a 40-pin flex cable with the right
pinout. If so, you can probably also drive it natively using DPI with
Adafruit's
TFT friend <https://www.adafruit.com/products/1932>.

I had a similar project in mind myself because I've got access to a stock
of nice 7" LCDs with resistive touchscreens through work, but, sadly, the
flex cable is 50-pin and the pinout's not "right", so I've got a longer
road ahead of me.

*Jason*