[Lab] Helping a Friend's Dog: Makerbot Replicator 2X

Stephane Arthur Kiss stephane.beauchampkiss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:19:00 EDT 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to get in touch with someone who has an in-house Makerbot 2x or
larger printer with similar or better print resolution/material strength.

Backstory: my friend's dog needs an operation for her leg and a 3D print
would be helpful to plan the surgery. They normally charge for this
service, but my friend is very low on cash, so I'm helping out by
converting the CT scan to a CAD model and prepping it for a print. It's all
set to go. I've planned my sections for two Makerbot prints, but a larger
printer will do too.

I'm hoping to get this done by the end of the weekend, since the dog is in
pain. I'm willing to pay.

I know I could use a number of online services, but I've never used any of
those services and I don't have the time or resources to do this all on my
own in the time needed. So, hoping to connect with someone directly to
ensure a quick turnaround!

Thanks!

    Stephane