[Lab] Removing chip from presto card

Henri Kuschkowitz henri.kuschkowitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:42:54 EST 2016

Ha!

That’s so need. much success on that one.

Cheers,
Henri Kuschkowitz

On March 3, 2016 at 8:54:50 PM, Dave Hunt (dave at huntgang.com) wrote:

Sounds like some acetone might be in order...

https://learn.adafruit.com/rfid-iphone/dissolve-the-card

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 8:19 PM, Tai <argument.de.tai at gmail.com> wrote:
Shamelessly stealing an idea I read about elsewhere where someone put the chip from their transit pass into a wand and tapped that on the bus.

I'd love to know how to extract the Mifare 2 RFID (I think that's what they're on) chip and antenna from the card and repackage it in a fun way.

Unfortunately, having shone a light through the card, it looks like the antenna runs around the circumference. I don't know much about the underlying science of RFIDs and I'm not sure if it would just be a matter of extracting some chip and attaching a new, equivalent antenna (or extracting and reshaping the existing one).

Any ideas here?

Thanks,
~Tai