[Lab] Cool Jerry Grey exhibition at Ottawa Art Gallery

Henri Kuschkowitz henri.kuschkowitz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:34:26 EDT 2016

Very cool. thanks for sharing. i should go check it out.

Cheers,
Henri Kuschkowitz

On July 22, 2016 at 1:15:41 PM, Jason Cobill (jason.cobill at gmail.com) wrote:

   If any of you are into design, data visualization, colour theory or
symmetrical space packing, you might appreciate the work of Jerry Grey on
display at the OAG. She works in abstracted minimalist shapes tiled and
packed into grids, but then fills them with subtle and evocative variations
in colour.

   She's also got a few pieces that are just straight-up tiling
explorations. These 3 really call to me - I feel like she's spent some time
parqueting floors. ;)

   The best part is that her notebooks are on display - you can see the
research work and palette explorations behind the work on the wall. I
wonder if there's someone we can call at OAG who'd let us photograph every
page? I bet it's full of gold.

​
   Worth checking out!
   OAG's been putting on lots of shows with a design/technical edge to them
- I feel like we should organize some lab-list field trips to talk to the
curators and artists at the vernissages. I see a definite connection here
to grids of neopixels, say, or laser cutting tiling stencils.

   -Jason Cobill