[Lab] CNC milling on kickstarter

Darcy Whyte darcy at inventorartist.com
Fri Jan 8 18:16:19 EST 2016

Henri,

I just looked at that kickstarter. It does look like a nice machine. Some
issues...

Being a kickstarter it means it's a future thing.

The full kit looks like around 4000 Canadian. You could get a 6090 chinese
machine for that. That means the cutting area is 60cm x 90cm. You'd get a
spindle with higher rpm capability (one of those 1.8 or 2.4kW spindles)...
and a nice extruded table that's easy to clamp to (that matters).

On the bright side those square bearings on that EVO might be pretty good,
they're claiming it'll cut aluminum and brass.

It's only a 37x22 cm though.

You could get a Chinese 6040 4 Axis (XYZA) for $2000 shipped (probably see
a customs bill on top of that)...

--
Darcy Whyte

Art+ inventorArtist.com <http://inventorartist.com/> | Aviation
rubber-power.com
Contact: darcy at inventorArtist.com | 613-563-3634 by appointment (no text)