[Lab] Making, Crafting, Designing...

Ryan Stec ryanstec at artengine.ca
Thu Apr 28 12:46:01 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Perhaps our text and my request was a bit more esoteric than it should have
been...  We are still very curious about how makers understand and perceive
what they do and how does this fit into other ideas of making things.

I wonder if the people on this list see a difference between crafting and
making? Is there a difference between craft and art or art and making?

We are particularly interested in the relationship between working in
digital space and making objects...things...

How do think about materials when you are working in the computer vs
working with your hands? When you prepare work for 3D printing for instance
what kind of considerations do you have about the material you use? How did
you learn this? Is it different than how you learned about different
electronic components or other basic materials like metal or fiber...

Look forward to hearing from people.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Ryan Stec